Support the Shelter House
The Shelter House relies exclusively on memberships and donations for upkeep, renovations and educational programming. With your support, we can keep this unique 18th-Century treasure around for generations to come.
A tax-deductible donation as small as $10 will help the Shelter House Society:
- Care for the Shelter House in a responsible manner
- Provide educational programming and private tours for school groups and history lovers
- Conduct original research on the pioneer era in the Lehigh Valley
- Maintain our growing collection of colonial-style pieces and artifacts
Why Become a Member?
Simply put: Without new members, the Shelter House will not survive. We rely on the generous support of the community for maintenance, upkeep and programming. We receive no corporate funding nor municipal backing. If keeping Lehigh Valley history alive is important to you, we need your help.
The goal of the Shelter House Society is to protect this one-of-a-kind structure and preserve it for another 300 years. Your tax-deductible donation will help us do just that.
Benefits of Shelter House Society Membership
Every member of the Shelter House Society receives:
- A print subscription to The Hearthstone, the only publication dedicated to Emmaus history
- Invitations to exclusive events and members-only programming
- Unlimited free guided tours
- A tax deduction in accordance with IRS rules. Our 501(c)(3) determination letter can be found here.
- The satisfaction of preserving a historic treasure for future generations
The Shelter House has witnessed every major event in United States history. Built 40 years before the signing of the Declaration of Independence, it has stood strong through the War of 1812, the Civil War, the fight for suffrage, two world wars, the civil rights movement and more. With your help – and only with your help – it will stand as a reminder of the democratic ideals of the past for future generations.
Become a Member Today
Your monthly or one-time donation of as little as $10 will support the critical mission of the Shelter House Society. Every donor automatically becomes a member of the Shelter House Society.
Click here to give online with a credit card now. The entire process takes less than 2 minutes.
If you prefer to give via check, you may mail it to:
The Shelter House Society
PO Box 254
Emmaus, PA 18049